SweetIM is classified as adware program like GameVance. The program must be installed manually. To gain more users it uses deceptive method, such as bundling with other programs. SweetIM has toolbar and messenger, both of which are not recommended to install on the computer. They are bundled with each other. For example, if you do not remove the messenger you can not get rid of the toolbar. The adware will change internet browser settings and replace the homepage with search.sweetim.com. The site provides a search engine system, which will give ads among the top of search results. You could not get what you really want from SweetIM search engine. The toolbar can monitor your online activities and delivery information to server, so as to find out what you like and present related ads.
How to remove SweetIM completely
You can uninstall the messenger and toolbar completely on your own. Windows provides options to uninstall a program via add/remove programs, but it is not powerful enough to wipe off the adware program. If you have a third party uninstaller program like Perfect Uninstaller, it is a good way to uninstall SweetIM completely. Or you can manually remove all its components as below.
1. Exit your web browser
2. Kill process via task manager
3. Run registry editor and delete following registry entries
4. Remove associated files
5. Reset your homepage
Though you can remove the toolbar manually, it will be safer to run a professional virus removal program to delete the toolbar since it is classified as adware. Using a virus removal program is the best solution to dealing with virus infection. Manual way is somehow risky. To remove SweetIM safely and completely, you can use an advanced virus removal program like Spyware Cease, which has detection on all its components. The program updates its database more frequently than average speed. It can help you remove hiding virus and protect the pc from virus attacks.
Three steps to remove SweetIM
1. Download and install Spyware Cease
2. Run an online scan after automatic updates
3. Click remove button after scan
- Backdoor-exi Removal - How to Remove Backdoor-exi quickly
- L3enc.dll error repair - Fix L3enc.dll error on your own
- Uninstall and Remove Memeo Instant Backup Thoroughly from PC
- Effective Steps to Uninstall Lottery Cracker World from PC
- Guide for Removing FairStars Audio Converter from Your PC
- Windows code 38 error - Fix error code 38 simply
- Google SketchUp Removal Tutorial - How to Completely Uninstall Google SketchUp
- Adware.OneStep Removal - Best Way to Wipe off Adware.OneStep
- 0Xc004f074 Windows 7 error - Common causes and solutions