When trying to copy/move/synchronize files or open the “NetView” or “Net Time” commands, you will annoyingly get this error message:
“System Error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied”
Typically, the error indicates that your system is being blocked from accessing the various files / settings / information that it needs from a network computer due to some unknown reasons. To solve the error and access your desired files properly, you have to first resolve any potential Windows errors that lead it to show as well as cure any software glitches.
Then, the second reason for the System Error 5 has something to do with the incorrect time & date settings. It is common that many people in different locations usually set different regional settings on their PC, which will confuse the computer when you are trying to connect with another system. At this time, you should click onto Start > Control Panel > Time & Date Settings to check & make sure that you are set to the correct region right now.
Thirdly, you’d better change the “LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy” registry key for your machine. This helps to make sure that full credentials are passed between both Windows Vista and XP, stopping the appearance of System Error 5. To do this, you can simply follow these steps:
*Go to Start, Run, type “regedit” into the box and press “Enter” to go.
*When you are in the Registry Editor, navigate to this entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
*Right-click on the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy key and select Modify.
*Type the number 1 in the Value Data box, click OK.
*Exit the Registry Editor window and restart your computer.
Besides changing the value of “LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy” registry key, you’d better check and fix some other errors within the registry database. System registry plays a vital role to maintain the proper running of the computer and almost all computer activities rely in it. And all information ranging from the hardware & software and among other applications is distributed in the registry so as to be accessed correctly. When some go missing and stop you from opening the “NetView” or “Net Time” command, you will soon get a System Error 5 message. You’d better download and run a professional registry cleaning tool to completely scan and repair all errors correctly as a manual removal will most of the time cause other serious PC errors.
Above all, the next time you suffer the System Error 5; there is no need to worry too much about it. You can directly get rid of it with these simple solutions on your own. Thanks for reading and wish you enjoy it!
- Computer error 0X00000024 - Steps to get rid of code 0X00000024 blue screen error
- Worm.Win32.Fipp.a Removal Help - Simple Way to Remove Worm.Win32.Fipp.a completely
- Best Aluria Security Center Removal - How to Completely Uninstall Aluria Security Center
- Uninstall Instant RAM Booster - Guide to Completely Remove Instant RAM Booster Immediately
- How to Completely Uninstall BitDefender Antivirus 2009 in Seconds?
- How to fix ActiveX problems? Simple solutions to repair ActiveX error
- Search-results.com Removal Guide - Get Rid of Search-results.com now
- Backdoor.graybird - How to Remove Backdoor.graybird from Computers
- How to Remove Delta-search.com Browser Hijacker and Stop Browser Redirection