Trojan.Ranbot is a backdoor Trojan like Backdoor.Nflog that gives hackers authority to access the compromised computer and collect sensitive information from the computer. To collect information, the Trojan will monitor users’ activities such as internet traffic and account information. To send the information, the Trojan will upload files to the server. In addition to threatening personal information, Trojan.Ranbot damages the computer severely. First, it changes system settings and make the computer vulnerable to other attacks. Second, it can download and execute malicious files from server. Last, it connects computer to malicious domains by redirecting web browser or transmitting data on background.
Properties of Trojan.Ranbot
- The Trojan changes registry entries
- The Trojan runs automatically at windows startup and insistently on the background
- The Trojan add a firewall policy exception
- The Trojan inserts itself to a system process
How to remove Trojan.Ranbot manually
Manual way involves three main steps to kill processes, remove files and modify window registry. Does any of the step sound unfamiliar to you? It is not a good idea to try manual removal when you do not even have some basic pc knowledge. Here are the detailed steps to remove Trojan.Ranbot manually.
1. Run task manager and kill svchost.exe process which runs abnormally
2. Find out related files and remove them
3. Run registry editor and delete Trojan.Ranbot registry entries
How to remove Trojan.Ranbot automatically
Automatic way is mainly to use a virus removal program which can scan the computer for threats, pick them up, and wipe off them completely. A virus removal program will not damage the computer when it removes a virus. It is a good tool to protect the computer against virus attacks. If your computer is well protected, Trojan.Ranbot could not get a chance to infect the system. To remove the Trojan effectively, you need an advanced antivirus program like Spyware Cease. The advantage of using Spyware Cease is it can remove Trojan.Ranbot completely and repair the vulnerable system. If you have been trying various security programs but no one work, why not try this one and let it take care of everything.
- Norman Security Suite PRO Removal - How to Uninstall Norman Security Suite PRO Permanently
- Uninstall and Remove Memeo Instant Backup Thoroughly from PC
- Error code 12 fix - How to fix Device Manager code 12 error?
- How to Remove Spyware.HTEmployeeMon Completely
- Iminent Toolbar - How to Get Rid of Iminent Toolbar once for all
- Computer not booting up - Steps to boot up computer properly
- Full and Free Acoustica MP3 CD Burner Uninstall Instruction
- How to Thoroughly Uninstall Any Flv Player - Any Flv Player Removal Guide
- Help with error 0X80070780 -The file cannot be accessed by the system