Upon installing the Windows Vista Service Pack (SP1) or the Windows Vista SP2 Beta on the computer, you may receive one of the following 0X8007000D error messages:
*“Installation was not successful”.
* “An internal error occurred while installing the service pack”
Most of the time, the Vista error 0X8007000D occurs when the Windows Vista Service Pack installation fails, and is unable to continue. Typically, this error can be caused by many different causes, but you are lucky to come to my post here. In this article, I will show you details to troubleshoot and fix this Windows Vista error on your own.
Sometimes, the Vista error code 0X8007000D could be a fluke and should be fixed instantly after a system restart. So when you get this error message appearing your screen, directly restart the computer and the annoying error message will disappear.
Secondly, to install Vista properly without an error code 0X8007000D, you have to completely scan the whole PC and remove all viruses. PC threats are those small programs that will come onto the computer without users’ information in many different ways, for example, email attachments, other programs downloads, online chat room. Annoyingly, once they get onto the computer, they will severely attack & destroy any of your system files like xvidcore.dll, causing the code 0X8007000D error to happen when the system cannot read some files correctly. So, do remember to let your antivirus antispyware program running frequently to check & remove all threats from your computer.
Thirdly, the Vista error 0X8007000D has something to do with the hard disk errors. Those errors will stop you from moving/deleting/renaming the file correctly and then display the error message. To get rid of it, you have to first check and fix all errors existing in your hard disk.
*Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then Computer.
*Right-click the drive that you want to check, and click Properties.
*Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now. If you are asked for a an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- To automatically repair any detected problems with files and folders, select “Automatically fix file system errors”. If not, the scan will not report errors on your hard disk without fixing them for you.
- To perform a thorough check, select “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”. This option helps to find and repair physical errors on your drive itself.
- To check for both file errors and physical errors, select the two options.
* Click Start and follow the on-screen steps to finish the scan and repair jobs.
Besides the above aspects, Windows registry errors will sometimes cause the Vista error 0X8007000D to happen. We know that the registry on Windows-based operating system stores a lot of information on your computer, specifically hardware and software changes, user profile settings and system and network settings. And all the activities you do, for example, installing and uninstalling programs, opening applications, changing the display and settings and even browsing a website can get stored on the registry. Registry will tell the system when and how to perform all these tasks correctly. However, corrupt registries can easily occur during the process of manually deleting a program, or removing a file or virus infection. When the system cannot load the desired entries to install the Windows Vista, you will no doubt get the error 0X8007000D messages. So, the final tip you should do right now is to easily download & install a powerful registry repair tool to thoroughly scan & fix all Windows registry errors on the computer automatically. With a clean and compact registry database, you will be able to run the computer properly all the time.
Though Windows Vista operating system is claimed to be more advanced that Windows XP, it still generates some unknown errors such as Vista error 0X8007000D during the updates, installation… But with the simple solutions above, you will be able to easily troubleshoot and fix it on your own.
- Information on Removing Kaspersky Password Manager Thoroughly from PC
- What is ApMsgFwd.exe file and how to fix ApMsgFwd.exe error?
- Ad.yieldmanager.com - How to Remove Ad.yieldmanager.com from Computer Completely
- How to Remove Trojan.Picebot quickly
- Trojan.Batchwiper Removal - How to Remove Trojan.Batchwiper step by step
- PricePeep Removal - How to Remove PricePeep completely
- No data received - Solve No data received problem in Google Chrome now
- Easy Steps for Removing AnalogX SayIt from Your Computer
- Error code 0X00000426 - Repair code 0X00000426 error quickly