W32.Blaster.Worm is a common worm virus spreading via instant messaging and removable drives. The worm contains backdoor functionality that can allow other threats or attacks like Pup.hacktool.patcher to access the compromised computer. The worm will modify windows registry in order to execute some malicious files automatically when the computer boots. How do you find your computer is infected by W32.Blaster.Worm? 80% victims notice the infection only when their antivirus detects it. Sometimes, it is too later. The worm can damage the system severely.
- W32.Blaster.Worm collects system information and steals passwords
- The worm will protect itself by blocking users from accessing its files and security websites
- The worm will modify system files and then system can not run smoothly
- The worm can log in FTP server and infect websites
How to remove W32.Blaster.Worm completely
The worm has variants and each variant can generate different malicious files and modify different registry entries, so it is a huge job to list out all possible infected files and registry entries. To save time and cure computers with different infection, a security program should be the most comprehensive way to get rid of W32.Blaster.Worm.
If you are one of the 80% users who have a security program that can detect the worm, you are quite lucky. A security program that can detect W32.Blaster.Worm can probably remove it somehow. When in normal mode the program fails, try the following steps
1. Restart computer and press F8 during booting. You will get to Windows Advanced Options Menu. Use your arrow keys to move to “Safe Mode with Networking” and press your Enter key.
2. Delete all temporary files
3. Run a full scan after the security program updates to the latest
4. Remove the detected W32.Blaster.Worm
5. Restart computer and run a scan again to make sure the worm is removed completely
If you do not have an effective virus removal program that can delete the infection, download the recommended Spyware Cease here. It is a powerful antispyware program. Removing W32.Blaster.Worm is a piece of cake for it.
- Can I fix kernelbase.dll myself? Steps to solve kernelbase.dll error easily
- How to Permanently Remove Sandboxie – Sandboxie Uninstall Guide
- How to Remove Worm:Win32/Dorkbot.I from Your PC
- Useful Tips for Uninstalling Bopup Messenger from Your Windows
- Galileo System Cleaner - How to Remove Galileo System Cleaner from PC instantly
- Instruction to Fully Uninstall Neo Security Flash from Your Windows
- How to get rid of “A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly” error message?
- File type error - Easy solutions to file type errors
- Error 0X8007000 in Windows - Repair Windows error 0X8007000 now