Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility is a software for encoding into the new Microsoft Windows Media V8 format, which offers true VBR encoding. Are you having trouble when you try to uninstall Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility? Well, if you want to completely uninstall it so that you can try something else, this article is about how to easily and fully remove video software from computer.
One of ways of uninstalling Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility is using the Control Panel:
1. Close all related applications before you uninstall Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility. Right click on the taskbar and then select Task Manager.
2. Close Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility and browser windows in Task Manager.
3. Open the Start menu and then choose Control Panel.
4. Double click on Programs and Features.
5. Select Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility in the list and then click Uninstall/Change.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the removal.
If this method doesn’t work for thoroughly removing Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility, the nest thing need to do is to delete all its files and clean up its registry keys.
1. Click on the Start button and choose Run.
2. Type regedit in the open box and then press Enter.
3. Once the Registry Editor opens, go to:
4. Look through the list of installed programs carefully to find out Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility.
5. If this program contain a built-in installer, you should find the key Uninstall String which points to the uninstall program.
6. Open the folder where the uninstall program locates at, delete these files manually.
If any of you still have problem on uninstalling Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility, it is highly recommended you to download an uninstall software, such as Perfect Uninstaller, despite the fact that you are using any version of Windows operating system. Aside from that, you should make it a good habit to remove programs with a Perfect Uninstaller instead of Windows add/remove programs, because only a uninstall program as such can thoroughly remove related registry entries, or those useless entries of Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility.
- Windows 7 activation error 0XC004C008 - Tips to fix error 0XC004C008 on Win 7
- MS Removal Tool - How to Remove MS Removal Tool completely
- Why do I continue to get the "Temporary error: ymws:Server.MailboxOpenFailed" error?
- How to Force Uninstall Business Card Studio from Your Computer?
- BOOTMGR is missing - How to fix “BOOTMGR is missing” error on your computer?
- How to Remove Trojan.Win32.Swisyn.bgkm instantly
- How to Remove Trojan.Winlock easily and Unlock Desktop immediately
- The Online Scan Speed Upgraded - Spyware Cease 6.2 Released!