Are you getting a wermgr.exe Application Error message constantly while using the PC and want to get rid of it immediately? Wermgr.exe is a system process that mainly used by the machine to open and execute some software-required files properly. With its help, the computer and some certain programs will run correctly all the time without errors. However, a wermgr.exe error message is telling you that associated wermgr.exe processes are missing or corrupted from the Applications folder, and you may fail to recall it correctly.
Common causes of wermgr.exe application error
Typically, any one of the following aspects can bring in the happening of wermgr.exe on your computer screen:
*Corrupted registry files
*Damage in wermgr.exe file
*Viruses and other vulnerable applications
*Missing system files
Fix wermgr.exe error instantly
No matter you are suffering a wermgr.exe application error or not, you should use a Firewall to protect and ensure your OS is always safe from internet threats and online interloper. The suspicious links and attachments will most of the time navigate you to some unsafe pages and generate the frustrating exe error messages.
In many cases, the wermgr.exe application error will happen when you lost your file association. To fix the problem, first you have to restore it as quickly as you can. And here are the detailed instructions that you can take:
* Click Start and then go to Run.
* In the Open box, type explorer and press Enter to go.
* Navigate to the Windows directory (by default, a typical path may be C:\Windows) and locate regedit.exe.
* Right-click on regedit.exe and select Run as.
* Uncheck “Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity” and hit OK.
* Then, go to Start -> Run again, type Regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
* Locate and then click on the below registry key:
* On the left panel, right-click on the subkey: ‘.exe’ to select Delete and then click OK.
*Also, right click the below registry subkey on the left panel: ‘secfile’
* Select Delete and OK to directly delete it from the computer.
* Close Registry Editor.
This way, you can always make sure that your Windows registry is clean and compact; however, if you delete a wrong file, it may bring in more serious errors rather than the frequent wermgr.exe error messages. So, it is highly advised that you can do this job by running registry repair software regularly at least twice a week. The corrupted or missing entries in the registry database will stop the system to run some programs smoothly as usual to create the wermgr.exe application error. By the way, it is highly recommended that you can keep on backing up your important data and Windows registry. In this way, you can quickly get back your computer by restoring to a previous status when something goes wrong.
Also, you should always update the software and hardware to the latest version. There might be some bugs in the older version to stop the program or the computer running smoothly, causing the annoying wermgr.exe application error messages. The patch or the newer version most of the time contains some solutions to solve the problems. By the way, it is highly suggested that you should download and install all available Windows update packs. This helps not only solve the exe error, but also enhance overall computer performance and ability against virus attacks.
With these simple guides, I believe you can troubleshoot and solve the wermgr.exe application error easily on your own. However, I just want to recommend you to keep on doing those steps in your daily PC life since they help to easily maintain a stable computer running.
- Bad sector repair - How to repair bad sector on your hard drive?
- 550 Access Toolbar Removal - How to Uninstall 550 Access Toolbar Easily
- The Best Way to Uninstall and Remove Cool Edit Pro Rapidly
- Smart Anti-Malware Protection - How to Remove Smart Anti-Malware Protection instantly
- Cygwin1.dll is missing - Solutions to fix cygwin1.dll error quickly
- Possible solutions to computer error code 0X0000034
- How can you instantly deal with BSOD error code 0X00000F4?
- How to Force Uninstall Business Card Studio from Your Computer?
- Free Instruction on How to Fully Uninstall ParetoLogic Data Recovery