When connecting to the hard drive or some external hard drives, some users will angrily get some undesired error messages like “USB device not recognized” or system error 85, and fail to connect to the drive properly. Typically, a system error 85 reads like “System error 85 has occurred. The local device name is already in use”. And it is commonly caused if the drive letter that is being mapped by the net use command is already mapped in the user’s properties.
First of all, we all know that together with the development of the computer technology, PC viruses infect millions of computers every day. From a simple study we can learn that, all PCs are at a 90% risk to be infected even though it is only for daily computer use. Viruses can destroy data, steal important personal information, and even make a computer run completely unstably. Besides, viruses are able to greatly attack your hard drive and bring in the system error 85 to happen. So, the first tip you should do right now is to thoroughly scan your whole computer and remove all PC threats.
Secondly, you’d better check and fix corrupt system files. Sometimes, a missing or corrupted system file can bring in the code 85 error message to happen. Take Windows 7 as an example, you can fix system file by simply following the solutions here:
*Open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
*Type “sfc /scannow” (without quotes but with the space) into the box.
* Hit Enter and follow the on-screen steps to go.
* Then your files will be scanned and repaired if necessary. Depending on your own system, it may take 10 or 20 minutes to complete this task.
By the way, to always run a computer without errors like system error 85, you need to run windows updates regularly to make sure that your computers security and windows files are updated to the latest ones. Lots of computer users around me don’t really bother updating their computers security and windows files; hence, they usually end up getting a slow running computer with many other errors. Sometimes, an update of the Windows helps to fresh the corrupted entries in the registry database to make the computer much faster.
However, in order to permanently repair system error 85 message, you should not miss one important thing – clean up Windows registry. The registry that contained in the Windows-based Windows operating system is a complex set of instructions. They are essential commands that needed by the system to run your computer and all other hardware/software properly. However, an error in the Windows registry database is normally a main cause for the sluggish computer performance or PC boot up/shutdown problems. So, to ensure the smooth running of your HP computer without various syetm error messages, do remember to run a registry cleanup utility to thoroughly scan & fix all registry errors.
In my opinion, repair system error 85 should not be done manually if the errors occur in the Windows registry. Otherwise, a wrong deletion may lead to more serious errors or even total computer crashes. If this is the case, download and install the best computer repair utility here! It will completely scan the whole PC and repair all errors causing the system error code 85 within minutes.
- All Available Methods to Uninstall GetPDF Splitter Merger from Computer
- How to Remove Vista Antispyware Pro 2013 quickly
- What is wuauclt.exe file and how to fix wuauclt.exe error?
- Max Spyware Detector Uninstall Assistance - Way to Quickly Remove Max Spyware Detector
- Internet Explorer Error Repair - Fix Common Internet Explorer Errors easily
- How to Remove RelevantKnowledge Completely - Best RelevantKnowledge Removal
- Trojan.Chromext - How to Remove Trojan.Chromext in minutes
- How to Remove Delta-search.com Browser Hijacker and Stop Browser Redirection
- Uninstall Adobe Flash Media Encoder from Computer - The Easy Way