Before starting my article, I just want to tell that a server usually acts as a gateway or proxy to fulfill the request of the client so as to access the requested URL. That is to say, the sever will display your requested URL correctly after you are entering the web address. However, when the server receives an invalid response from an upstream server, it may display a HTTP error code such as the Error 502 Bad Gateway message. This usually a sign to tell you that something goes wrong with the site you are going to access; but sometimes, it can be troubleshooted and solved easily.
When getting the Error 502 Bad Gateway message, simply check to see if you are having problems visiting all web pages or just a few individual web pages. If you do not receive a similar error message when attempting to visit some other websites, it is recommended that you can contact the owner of the Website displaying the error message as it may be temporarily offline or experiencing other sever issues. If it appears on all web pages, follow the steps below to deal with the HTTP error.
Secondly, we know that a web browser cache is a directory or a folder having stored copies of the most recently visited websites to optimize the Internet performance. The more cache files on the computer, the slower the computer will be, and the more chances for you to get some errors while trying to visit some pages just like 502 Bad Gateway error. So do remember to clear the unneeded cache files from your computer regularly.
If the solutions above do not help, then you can reset the web browser’s configuration settings trying to solve the problem. But please note that this will disable all browser add-ons and you have to re-enable your needed add-ons after the reset job. Here, I take Internet Explorer as an example to show you how to do this job:
* Run your Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
* Click Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
*When you are in the Internet Explorer Default Settings dialog box, click Reset.
* When the settings have been reset, click Close, and then click OK to restart Internet Explorer and the problem must be solved.
If all the previous steps fail, you may have file corruption caused by malware or by a virus. When the Windows cannot recall the needed files to display your desired pages correctly, then it may show an error like Error 502 Bad Gateway. To check for this, it is recommended that you can download and run an antivirus antispyware program as it helps to scan the whole Windows and computer registry for any existing & potential threats.
If the Error 502 Bad Gateway still remained even though you have tried all solutions above, then cleaning computer registry will help to 99% solve this browser problem. The registry contains all the files, settings and applications used by programs, such as Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Only with a clean registry, will your web browser or other installed programs always run properly. However, registry is too easy to attack by kinds of threats as they are used too frequently when using the computer, which results in kinds of registry errors, computer errors. Cleaning the registry will remove or repair problematic components inside the system, including the annoying 502 Bad Gateway message in visiting some pages.
To sum, a 502 Bad Gateway is not strange at all if you are relying on the computer every day to learn about the outside world. It can interrupt you severely and stop you from visiting some pages properly. Anyhow, all the above solutions help to easily check and solve it for you within minutes. Thanks for reading and wish you enjoy a pleasant PC life all the time!
- Simplest Way to Uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition from PC
- Backdoor.Hugly Removal - Get Rid of Backdoor.Hugly Step by Step
- Why do you get "This Connection is Untrusted” error message and how to fix it?
- Google.isearchinfo.com - How to Remove Google.isearchinfo.com instantly
- The Easiest Way to Uninstall MediaInfo Lite from Your Computer
- Steps to Force Uninstall AVI Movie Player from Your Computer
- How to Completely Uninstall RivaTuner - Tutorial for RivaTuner Remival
- Tips to Thoroughly Uninstall OJOsoft Total Video Converter from Windows
- ESPN Toolbar Removal Help - How to Quickly and Completely Uninstall ESPN Toolbar