Why is Google Chrome not working? Have you ever asked this question why using the computer? As far as I know, when trying to open a page with Google Chrome, some users will find it never made it to the main page before completely freezing both the Chrome and the computer. Sometimes, the Google Chrome may suddenly stop working even though you have never done an update, downloaded a file or made any change. What is up and how can you resolve this problem?
First, if the Google Chrome stops working suddenly without any reason, it is highly recommended that you should manually end the Google Chrome process with Task Manager that can help you terminate buggy problems if you cannot close the program through the program itself. But you should be cautious when you are working in Task Manager as programs that are required for your Windows operating system are listed there. If you end a necessary program, it will cause your computer instable.
Sometimes, the Google Chrome not working problem can be caused when it is not properly set-up. If this is the case, you should restore it back to the default settings.
* Open Google Chrome.
*Click Tools-> Option ->Advanced ->Reset.
* Check up the box named Delete personal settings, and then click Reset button.
Thirdly, you should check the Extensions that adding to your Google Chrome. Extensions are those that you had installed to improve your internet experience, for example, the add-on Google toolbar. However, some of them if are incompatible with your system, or functioning improperly will result in Google Chrome suddenly stops working problem. In this way, you have to find those malfunctioning add-ons, and then disable them. To do this, just follow the steps below:
* Open your Google Chrome.
* Click Tools and then Manage Add-Ons.
* Select All Add-Ons option from Show drop down box.
* Find and disable the unwanted add-ons, and then click Close button.
* Restart your Google Chrome and then the changes will take effects.
Fourthly, you should remove all existing PC viruses from the computer. The viruses or malicious processes are able to attack and hijack any of your browsing activities except colleting & stealing users’ information. Once you are navigated to other unknown or unsafe website, your Google Chrome will suddenly stop working or even crash your own computer. That is why the Java crashes computer when the computer gets infected by some viruses. Directly download & run a trusted antivirus antispyware program to thoroughly scan your whole PC and get rid of all PC threats immediately.
Finally, the most common cause for the Google Chrome not working issues should be the missing files. We know that no matter when you start up a program, it will read through your hard disk and Windows registry for the needed files. However, when the file is missing, corrupted or inaccessible, you will be very easy to get various computer error messages. So the final software you should get to repair the Google Chrome error is a registry cleaner program that helps to deeply scan your computer and automatically detect junk files, errors and other problems in your system. Once all the useless entries have been removed and all the corrupted entries have been repaired, you can run your Google Chrome properly without errors.
That will drive you crazy when finding the Google Chrome suddenly stop working when you are in a need to search something on the web urgently. Though many reasons exist for “why is your Google Chrome not working”, the above solutions will troubleshoot and deal with the web browser problem instantly for you.
- OpenCloud Security Removal - Simple Ways to Remove OpenCloud Security thoroughly
- Speedy, Accurate, Timely - Spyware Cease 4.5 is Released!
- WIN32.BHO.acw Removal Tool - How to Remove WIN32.BHO.acw instantly
- Trojan.Ransom.Gen Removal - How to Remove Trojan.Ransom.Gen completely
- How to Remove Backdoor.Securetalk Step by Step
- How to Easily Uninstall Kaspersky ONE Universal Security from Windows PC
- Error code 0Xc0000260 - Troubleshoot and fix error code 0Xc0000260 instantly
- How to Completely and Effectively Uninstall Image Resizer Powertoy from Windows XP
- Xinput1_3.dll not found - Tips to repair xinput1_3.dll error easily