When attempting to activate something “automatically” on Windows 7 after doing an install with a product downloaded from Microsoft or elsewhere, some might get the annoying activation error 0XC004C008 message. Several users complained that even though they have performed a clean install after clearing HD but still no luck by keeping on getting a similar message saying that “this copy of windows is not genuine”. How does this error 0XC004C008 appear on Win 7 and is it possible to fix it easily?
When getting the Windows 7 activation error 0XC004C008 in activating it automatically, try the following steps to manually activate it on your PC:
* Click Start, and type “slui.exe 4” in the Search box.
* Press ENTER to continue.
* Select your Country and select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
* When you are on the “enter your product key” page, do a keyless installation without entering your key.
* When reach the desktop, click Start again and type “CMD” in the search box.
* Click “Run as administrator” and when the command prompt appears, type “regedit” and hit Enter to continue.
*Go to the branch:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersionsetup/OOBE/mediabootinstall and change its value to 0.
*Then go back to the Command Prompt and type “slmgr /rearm”.
* After the above steps, restart the computer and re-activate your Windows 7 with your product key again.
I believe with the above steps, you may not encounter the Windows 7 activation error 0XC004C008 again. However, one thing you have to pay attention to while performing the above steps is to make sure you are careful enough. Otherwise, a simple mistake while editing the registry entries or a mis-removal of a required registry key will sometimes cause more serious problems to the PC such as AppCrash errors unexpectely.
If you are not an advanced PC user, do not perform the above steps manually. Instead, get the best computer registry cleaner here and install it on your computer. Then, you can run it to completely scan the whole PC and fix all errors inside, which will allow you to activate Windows 7 without an error code 0XC004C008. Performing as the main component of the Windows-based operating system, registry is used to store all the vital settings & information of the hardware and software installed on the PC. No matter whenever you launch the PC or even perform a simple task, the system will first access this database for the required entries. When it cannot locate the corresponding keys to activate your Windows 7, a code 0XC004C008 message will appear. Hence, when failing to successfully activate Win 7, first run a complete registry scan and repair all such registry errors.
Well, a Windows 7 activation error 0XC004C008 is what lots of PC users will encounter while activating the system. But just take it easy and with the above listed instructions, you can fix it either manually or automatically.
- How to Remove Windows Antivirus Release instantly
- Mywebsearch.com - How to Remove Mywebsearch.com quickly
- Introduction of PC Booster Removal - How to Force Uninstall PC Booster from Computer
- How to Remove Backdoor.Mirafox completely from Your Slow PC
- Security Master AV - How to Remove Security Master AV effectively
- Zeroaccess.dr.gen.d - How Can I Remove Zeroaccess.dr.gen.d safely
- Directions to Uninstall Norton Ghost - How to Thoroughly Remove Norton Ghost from PC
- Searchab.com - How to Remove Searchab.com from PC
- BSOD Physical Memory Dump Error - How to Prevent & Fix It?