Looking for solutions on what you should do when there is no sound on your Windows 7 computer? Yeah, it is common that sometimes some errors occur on the PC to make the PC sound to suddenly stop working. And a no sound Windows 7 computer can put your plans of listening to the favorite music on hold till the issue was fixed. Most of the time, the Windows 7 sound loss problems takes place suddenly and some even do not know what on the earth cause it and how to figure it out. The following steps will show you how to do when the Windows 7 computer has no sound.
When facing with a Windows 7 sound loss problem, you need to first check and make sure your sound card is working correctly. Make sure the card is closely attached to the socket, and the radiator fan & chipset is working properly without errors.
When there is no problem with the computer sound card, you should access your sound Control Panel in Windows 7 and then click on playback. Here, you should select Speakers and make your speakers, for instance, SB X-Fi the default device to play sound. Sometimes, an incorrect setting within the options here can cause the Windows 7 sound loss problem. To do this, simply follow these steps:
* Click volume icon at your System tray, and then select the icon at the top of volume slider.
* Approach properties and change settings
*Move to Driver Tab
* Roll back the driver
* Restart your computer and try to play music to see whether you can hear sound correctly.
Thirdly, what you need to do when there is no sound on Windows 7 computer is to make sure the driver for your audio card is not outdated or corrupt. To perform this job, just follow these instructions:
*Right click My computer and select Properties.
*Within the appearing windows, click Hardware tab and then Device Manager.
*Then click “Sound, video and game controller”. Check through the list of items to see whether there is a red cross before any item. A red cross tells that item is disabled. If so, simply right click it and set it to “Enable”.
* If you see a Question mark or Exclamatory mark before any item, you have to know that the sound card driver must be damaged or corrupted. By the way, up to 80% computer sound problems including the Windows 7 sound loss problem can be attributed to an outdated or corrupt sound driver. At this time, you need to download and install the latest sound card driver onto the computer manually or automatically by running a driver update program.
After checking and updating computer sound card driver, you have to spend several minutes in checking and fixing computer registry errors. Windows registry helps to run the MS Office, Internet Explorer or other programs on your computer correctly as it stores all the required entries to run the computer and all installed programs correctly. If something goes wrong, you may come to the chance to suffer from many unexpected computer errors such as cygwin1.dll not found. For example, when you player cannot locate the necessary entries to create a sound or play your music correctly, you will soon get a computer sound loss problem on your Windows 7 computer. So, the final thing you should do when there is no sound on your Windows 7 is to check and repair all error inside the registry database. Besides fixing Windows 7 sound loss problem, this also maintains a stable running computer easily.
Well, a Windows 7 sound loss problem can be very annoying and stop you from enjoying your favorite videos, music pleasantly. But with the above steps, you can check and fix a no sound Windows 7 computer the quickest way.
- Recycle Bin is giving error message - How to do?
- Very slow computer - How to fix slow computer easily?
- How to fix AppCrash error? Fix AppCrash error on your PC instantly
- What is libvorbisfile.dll and how to fix libvorbisfile.dll error?
- Uninstall Anapod Explorer Free - How to Effectively Remove Anapod Explorer from PC
- Activate Easy Launcher
- How to Uninstall Adobe Reader 7.0 for Free - Adobe Reader 7.0 Removal Tutorial
- Error in shdocvm.dll - Fix shdocvm.dll error on your own
- Lost sound on computer - Get back PC sound easily