“Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)”
Such a code 37 error message usually happens when the device you are trying to use is not properly connected to the system or when its driver is outdated & unusable. Commonly, you will come across this error when adding/removing a USB device or video & sound cards to or from the computer. When this error occurs, you may fail to continue the job correctly. Actually, the fix to this device error is very similar to the many other driver errors popping up on your screen.
Just as what I have ever said previous, a loose connection can cause the happening of a code 37 device error message. Thus, the first thing you should do is to check and make sure that your device is properly connected to your system. For example, take several minutes to check all the cables of your printer or check that your sound or video adapter is properly seated in its slot tightly.
If the device is connected properly, a problem might exist on the device itself. At this time, a simple uninstall and reinstall job can solve a code 37 error instantly for you. To do this, just follow these steps:
*Go to Start, type Device Manager in Start Search box and press Enter to continue. This will bring in the Device Manager window.
* Here, locate the device that is responsible for the error code.
* Right click on the device to select “Uninstall”.
* Follow the on-screen steps to complete the uninstall process.
* Restart the computer as prompted.
*When the computer restarts, return to Device Manager.
*Click Action, and then choose “Scan for Hardware Changes”.
*Follow all of the on screen instructions to reinstall or upgrade the driver you have just uninstalled.
Sometimes, you might need a driver disk that comes with your device to finish the driver reinstall job. Also, you can download it from the manufacturer’s website and then reinstall it on your computer.
Thirdly, you need to bear in mind that a Windows error code 37 can also happen when the computer lack of proper maintenance. If the computer gets severely infected or when there is something wrong with the driver files within the registry database, a code 37 error or some other errors like Windows error code 10 will come on the neck of another. Therefore, it is highly suggested that you can perform these system maintenance tips in your daily PC life:
1) Download a trusted antivirus antispyware program from the web and run it to completely scan your whole PC for all potential & existing threats. This step helps to quickly identify and remove all infections that generating the code 37 error message. Besides, a virus can severely attack & remove any system files from the PC, causing the happening of some other PC errors. A regular virus scan & deletion job helps to easily maintain stable computer running.
2) Run a registry cleaning tool to completely scan the whole Windows registry database and repair all error or get rid of all invalid/useless entries. Acting as the main component of the Windows-based operating system, registry is used to store all setting & options of the hardware & software. A registry scan helps to easily identify and errors related to the device driver in your registry, returning you an error-free computer easily.
However, if you have performed all the above solutions but still get a Windows code 37 error message, the final suggestion is to contact the device manufacturer for a solution. They will give you more available information on what causes the error and how to deal with it.
In a word, same as other device errors, the Windows error code 37 can be caused by many aspects on the PC. It is highly advised that you can always well maintain your PC with the best computer optimization tool here. This way, I think you can use the computer happily all the time without frequent annoying error messages.
- What is dwm.exe file and how to fix dwm.exe error?
- How to Remove Home.myplaycity.com Redirect Virus instantly
- Information on Uninstalling InSight Desktop Search Instantly from PC
- How to Uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2009 - Norton AntiVirus 2009 Removal Guide
- XP Antivirus Plus 2013 - Three Ways to Remove XP Antivirus Plus 2013
- Win32/patchload.o Removal - How to Remove Win32/patchload.o instantly
- Removal of Ultimate Media Player - How to Uninstall Ultimate Media Player Thoroughly
- Why does my laptop keep crashing? Get PC running properly all the time
- Fix slow computer free - Steps to fix your slow computer for free