When working on a Windows-based computer, you may suddenly revive an error message saying that “Windows Explorer has stopped working; Windows is restarting”. Sometimes, you will find the screen flicker just before or after the error message appears. Because of this Windows Explorer problem, you may fail to run the computer, some certain programs or even search for a file correctly.
In many cases, a “Windows Explorer has stopped working” error message might happen when the system cannot locate the required system files correctly. So, the first thing you should do when getting the Windows Explorer error is to check and fix some corrupt system files. To do this, simply follow the steps below to go:
1. Go to Start and select the “All Programs” menu.
2. Click on the “Accessories” tab and then right-click on the “Command Prompt” option.
3. Click on the ‘Run as administrator” option from the menu.
4. Type “sfc /scannow” into the command prompt and press the “Enter” key.
5. Wait for the program to fix your computer files.
By the way, if you are suffering a “Not a valid win32 application” error message, you can also follow these steps to go.
Also, remember that hard drive errors also become one of the most causes of the Windows Explorer error message. It’s simple, consumers demand more space and the hard drives companies have responded by producing massive 500 GB drives that are fast enough to spin at speeds of 10,000 RPM. However, some hard disk errors will stop you from starting up the computer correctly. For this concern, regularly check and fix the hard disk problems by performing some Windows built-in utilities.
By the way, you can directly restore the system to a previous state before the “Windows Explorer has stopped working” error message appears. This simple job takes you back to the state before the registry error message occurred and gets rid of the error easily. So if you have ever made a system restore point, directly perform the below steps and continue:
* Go to Start – All Programs – Accessories – System Tools – System Restore.
* Right click on “System Restore” under the System Tools tab, then click “Pin to Start Menu” easy access.
* Press continue at the “Windows needs you permission to continue dialog box.
* Select “Choose a different Restore Point”.
*If “Choose a different restore point” was selected the “Choose a restore point” dialog box will appear. Choose a restore point and click on Next.
* Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the restore job.
Fourthly, we all know that computer viruses infect millions of computers every day and they are able to destroy data, steal important information, and even make a computer completely unusable. Once the computer infected, you will face with kinds of PC errors besides the Windows Explorer error message. So, the fourth thing you need to do right now is to thoroughly scan the whole computer with a professional antivirus program and remove all PC threats. They will attack & remove any file from the computyer and display the above error messages when you are working with the computer.
Finally, fix Windows registry with a registry cleaning software. Even though you can check and fix the registry errors on your own, it is not recommended as a minor mistake will bring in unexpected threats to the computer rather than a “Windows Explorer has stopped working” error message. The registry cleanup software is designed to detect errors & remove corrupted files in your registry with only a few clicks. This helps all users to do a Windows corrupt registry repair job quickly. However on the other hand, even though right now there are thousands of registry cleaners available in the market, a user should be wise to choose the correctly right software for their computers. Sometimes, some might contain viruses or malware that might harm your computer; or some might not be effective enough to fix corrupt registry errors on Windows Vista causing computer slowness or other PC errors.
By simply following the above steps, you will be able to easily troubleshoot and fix Windows Explorer error quickly even if you are a computer newbie. So, why not start optimizing your computer from now on??
- Best Tips to Uninstall Remote Registry Cleaner Completely from PC
- Random computer freezing - How to fix a freezing computer instantly?
- Tips for Force Uninstalling Pc Clean Expert from Windows
- Uninstalling Lupas Rename 2000 from Windows Completely and Easily
- Effective Ways to Uninstall ESET Smart Security 5 from Your PC
- How to Remove Udugg.com Browser Hijacker
- How to Remove Email-Worm.Win32.Bagle.fj easily from Windows System
- Hl2.exe has stopped working - Fix it now
- Easily Uninstall and Remove Registry Turbo from Computer