Windows Protection Maintenance is from the fake AV family like PC Defender Plus. It is called fake antispyware software which promotes its full version by displaying fake pop-up alerts and fake computer scan results. The program imitate a professional security program and it can not tell whether it is fake or not from the application interface. Windows Protection Maintenance attempt to make users believe that it is a legitimate antispyware program and can find threats hiding on the computer. Besides fake warnings, the rogue program also causes some obvious infection problems. For example, victims could not visit any website. When the rogue program completes a scan, it will lead users to a page for purchasing registered version. The full version of Windows Protection Maintenance is also useless and even more damaging. If you have the software on your computer now, you should remove it immediately.
How to remove Windows Protection Maintenance manually
Some users may have tried their antivirus programs and found it can not remove the malware effectively. Manual removal is also a way to get rid of the rogue software. If you want to try, you should back up important files or create a system restore point.
1. Open task manager and stop Windows Protection Maintenance from running on the background
2. Find out all related files and delete them completely
3. Open registry editor and remove Windows Protection Maintenance registry entries:
How to remove Windows Protection Maintenance easily
Apparently, manual removal is not an easy solution. If you want to wipe off the infection easily, you need to equip the computer with a professional virus removal program. Such program is designed to detect and remove various threats and also protect the computer against threats like Windows Protection Maintenance. Actually, if your computer is well protected by a professional virus removal program, fake AV will not be installed on your computer randomly. To remove Windows Protection Maintenance completely, you should choose an advanced antispyware program like Spyware Cease, which will not be blocked by the virus and can pick up hidden virus effectively.
- A Good Way to Uninstall Softonic Toolbar from Computer Completely
- How to Remove AdWare.Win32.Gamevance.hfti effectively from PC
- Uninstalling Lupas Rename 2000 from Windows Completely and Easily
- Removing Password Manager Deluxe from Your PC Easily and Quickly
- User-Friendly: We Meet Your Need - Spyware Cease 4.6 is Released!
- Backdoor.Klovbot!gen1 - How to Remove Backdoor.Klovbot!gen1 effectively
- Common causes and solutions to application error 0Xc0000005
- How to Reset my Computer back to Factory Settings?
- Windows error 183 - Repair Windows error 183 easily