“An error occured while checking for new updates for your computer. Error(s) found: Code 80072EFD. Windows Update encountered an unknown error.”
I believe you must encounter this Windows update error 80072EFD right now and this is why you come to my post here. Yeah, similar as other Windows update errors like update error 80070003 or error 0X800B0100, such code 80072EFD message usually happens when the system trying to install some updates on the PC. But how can you get rid of this annoying update error message and install all your desired updates without errors?
No matter what format of Windows update error message you are receiving, make sure that you are connected to the Internet correctly. Only in this way, can you get access to the Windows Update servers and download the update versions completely.
Then, you can search for the error code 80072EFD by using the Windows Update Troubleshooter. If you fail to install the updates due to an unknown error code, you can try to see whether the Windows Update troubleshooter can determine which steps you can take to resolve the problem by following the steps below:
* In the appearing window that contains the installation error code, click Find Solutions.
* In the Microsoft Update or the Windows Update window, in the “Type keywords here” box, paste the error number that you got in the box.
* Click Search.
* And then you will get some suggestions on how to fix the Windows update error code 80072EFD.
Also, you can try manually downloading the update from the download link and then install it in clean boot mode. To install the updates in clean boot mode helps to avoid the interruption of non-Microsoft programs, which helps to prevent the error code 80072EFD because of some program, hardware conflicts easily. To enter into a clean boot mode, you can directly perform the steps below:
* Click Start, Run, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and press ENTER to continue.
* If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
* On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
* Under Selective Startup, clear the Load Startup Items check box.
* Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
* Click OK.
* When you are prompted, click Restart.
* Try update your computer again.
Sometimes, your computer may show a Windows update error code 80072EFD if viruses attack your system. The viruses can corrupt or damage any system files and then lead to such errors. So you should have the most effective anti-virus tools in your system and run it to detect & remove all PC threats from the computer.
After all the above steps, you should troubleshoot and repair Windows registry errors. We know that Windows registry will develop inconsistencies during the lifetime of the computer. These inconsistencies might be caused by various hardware failures or by software issues. In most cases, these inconsistencies can severely affect the Windows Servicing Store, and cause a Windows update error code 80072EFD and block the user from installing updates & service packs success. And this time, you should either run a registry cleaner to thoroughly scan & fix all registry errors or run the Windows Vista Check for System Update Readiness (CheckSUR) tool to fix this problem.
Once again, the Windows updates are quite necessary so as to enhance PC performance and improve its ability against some dangerous viruses. No matter the code you are getting shows code 80072EFD or whichever format, do not ignore it! You should fix them as quickly as you can so as to install all recommended updates successfully.
- Windows BSOD 0Xc00000e9 - Detailed causes and solutions
- Uninstall Instant RAM Booster - Guide to Completely Remove Instant RAM Booster Immediately
- What is the Effective Way to Remove My Super Cheap quickly
- Trojan.Swisyn - How Can I Remove Trojan.Swisyn effectively
- How to Remove Trojan.Downbot.D!gen2 from the Computer
- SSL error 226 - Methods to fix SSL error 226 instantly
- Runtime error 1812 - Causes and solutions
- Learn How to Permanently Remove Yahoo Messenger Password from PC
- Help with error 0X80070780 -The file cannot be accessed by the system