Trying to run Windows Update to upgrade your new laptop to the latest versions but receive an error code 800B0001? If so, it is a sign to tell you that Windows Update or Microsoft Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider. Thus, it may fail to install your desired updates properly. For the security of the computer and enhance PC performance, you should learn how to fix Windows update error 800B0001 on your own!
When getting the code 800B0001 update error message, the first thing you should do is to check whether you are able to connect to the Internet correctly. You can check this by simply open your web browser and open a URL to see. If you are connected correctly, turn to the second step. If not, you have to check and fix your Internet connection. You can do this by resetting your router, and one you should not miss is to check your firewalls. The firewalls may prevent the latest updates from being downloaded or installed correctly. At this time, you can directly go to the Control Panel and then to the security option and disable the firewall.
But it is quite important that you should make sure the computer is totally virus-clean. It is easy for the computer to be infected by some kinds of viruses, malware. When some system files are attacked and broken, it won’t be possible for the system to successfully install the desired updates and display a Windows update error 800B0001. You can directly download & run an advanced anti-virus to thoroughly scan & remove all PC threats from the computer.
Thirdly, the unnecessary programs or corrupt programs on the computer can also lead to such Windows update error code 800B0001 messages. Find out the unnecessary programs and uninstall them from the computer immediately. Also, uninstall the corrupt programs and then install an updated version, too.
Also, you can solve this Windows update error 800B0001 by restoring your system into a previous state is you have ever made a system point. To do this, you can simply follow the steps below:
* Go to the “Start” and then click the “All Programs” button.
* Go to “Accessories”.
*Find and click the button called “System Restore” in “System Tools”.
* Select “Restore to an earlier point” and then “Next”.
* Here, you will see a calendar for you to restore your computer to and a description of your have done that day. Select one and click “Next”.
In this way, you can restore your computer to a previous state that the Windows error 800B0001 had not appeared. By the way, you can use some utilities to back up and easily restore your computer to a previous state and this will greatly save your time.
If all solutions above do not help to get rid of Windows update error 800B0001, I can bet that the problem exists in the computer itself. At this time, you should clean the Windows registry. There is a possibility that the registry can get corrupt as some of the files get damaged and stop you from installing updates correctly. We know that the files get accumulated in the registry every time a program is run. This is why the computer registry can be very easy to get corrupted. So, you can run a registry cleaning software to thoroughly scan and fix all registry errors automatically. By the way, even though you can clean the registry manually, this may bring in some risks of losing valuable files from the registry.
Once again, a regular Windows update process is needed to improve PC performance as well as enhance its ability against some unknown viruses. SO, no matter the code you are encountering is Windows update error 800B0001 or some other types, do not ignore it! Perform the above steps to go and you will get everything solved within clicks.
- Windows Taskbar Is Missing - Why Windows Taskbar Disappeared and How to Get It Back?
- Instruction on How to Uninstall Sygate Personal Firewall Thoroughly
- Windows Installer repair - Get rid of common Windows Installer error messages instantly
- iTunes error 5102 - What causes error 5102 on iTunes and how to fix it?
- PDF Unlock Software Removal - Successfully Uninstall PDF Unlock Software fro Good
- How to Remove Iask123.com Redirect Virus from My PC
- How Can I Remove Google Toolbar? - Uninstall Instructions for Google Toolbar
- How to improve PC speed and repair computer errors?
- Uninstall Instant RAM Booster - Guide to Completely Remove Instant RAM Booster Immediately