Have you ever found the computer won’t start up properly at all even though you were able to use it correctly one day ago? It will stay black and nothing happens when the bar reaches the end of the screen. Yeah, it is quite common for users to suffer from a Windows won’t start problem as this can be caused by many aspects within the computer. However, there are still some simple methods you can take in your daily life to start up computer properly.
If you cannot start up computer properly as usual, you can directly apply the Last Known Good Configuration. This option enables you to quickly get back your computer to the last status on which it is running properly without problem. To do this, you can directly perform the below steps:
* Restart the computer.
* When you see a screen saying that “Please select the operating system to start” message, press F8.
* When you are on the Windows Advanced Option Menu list, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER to continue.
* Then, follow the on-screen prompts to finish this process.
If the Last Known Good Configuration does not work, you can try to restore the computer to a previous status before the Windows won’t start error appears. In many situations, a simple system restore job helps to deal many errors easily, for example, iTunes error -42408 or RunDLL error at startup.
* Start your computer and login as an admin.
* Click the Start button then click on Programs, Accessories, System, and next click Restore.
* Inside the next window, select “Restore my system to a prior date” and after that click on Next.
* Choose the freshest restore point within the “click a restoration date” listing, and then click on Next.
* Click “Next” in the verification window.
* Reboot when the the restoration finishes and the problem may be solved.
If the computer is still unable to start up correctly, the problem may be caused by some damaged or broken entries on your computer. To solve it, you can first try to restore your computer to a previous state if you have ever made a backup and then fix corrupted system files. Major corruption in Windows system files can also result in the Windows won’t start problem when the computer fails to read the necessary system files. Meantime, you have to replace the corrupted system files by performing steps below:
* Insert your operating system installation disk.
* Click Start | Run.
* Type SFC /ScanNow and press ENTER.
* Follow the on screen instructions to do.
* Reboot your computer when the scan completes.
Thirdly, you need to update your software – Identify the program to which the process(s) that is consuming excessive CPU resources belongs to. After you have identified the software, check if the software you are using is compatible with your version of Windows. If the software is incompatible, then you will need to either install the latest version of the software or choose another software that is compatible with your operating system. If not, an incompatible program can stop you from starting up the computer properly.
Last but not least, you need to check and repair Windows registry errors. The registry is continually causing a huge amount of problems for Windows computers because of the way it’s continually being damaged and corrupted. This often cause the computer won’t boot up error because Windows relies on the registry to actually run. If not, the computer will act improperly by showing frequent errors messages or stop working seriously. The most effective and reliable way to stop Windows won’t start problem is to use a registry cleaner to check and repair PC registry errors. We’ve found that a program called “Registry Easy” is the best in being able to get rid of the errors that will cause Windows cannot start up properly. You can use it by downloading it to your computer and then letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have.
A computer that won’t start up correctly can only make it a cold machine and greatly reduce your working efficiency. If you are able to insist on doing the above steps in your daily life, I believe you can always well maintain PC performance and start up computer properly all the time.
- How To Fix Oci.dll is Missing or Not Found Errors?
- Database Designer Uninstall Tutorial - How to Remove Database Designer Today
- How to Uninstall ABBYY Fine Reader - ABBYY Fine Reader Removal Guide
- XP Antivirus 2012 Uninstall - How Can I Remove XP Antivirus 2012 from Windows Computer
- System error 5 access denied – Troubleshoot & fix system error 5 now
- Error code 0X80070424 fix – Solve error code 0X80070424 instantly
- Disk read error occurred - Steps to fix disk read error instantly
- How to fix computer freeze? Optimize PC performance now
- How to Remove AdWare.Win32.Gamevance.hfti effectively from PC