Wlanapi.dll is a very important file that Windows uses to connect to a wireless network. That is, no matter when the Windows needs to connect to either a network or another computer via the wireless networking protocols (Wifi), it will first read through the system and launch this dll file. But due to some unknown reasons such as a mis-removal process, virus infections…, it is quite easy for this dll file to get corrupted, causing the wlanapi.dll error messages or some other problems to happen.
The simplest and easiest way to fix wlanapi.dll not found problem is to download and then install the missing wlanapi.dll file on the computer. But problem is that downloading a wlanapi.dll file is easy, how to install it on the computer? Don’t worry! Take the steps below, you can install and register any dll file on your PC.
* Search the website to download the wlanapi.dll file from a secured web; or you can directly copy it from other PC with the same operating system.
* Copy your DLL to the directory: “c:/windows/system32” (C is the drive where your windows is installed )
* Reboot your computer and click on Start-> Run
* Type regsvr32 nameofyourdll.dll (ie, regsvr32 wlanapi.dll) and click “Enter” to continue.
* Reboot your PC again to see whether the wlanapi.dll not found error message has gone or not.
Sometimes, a missing wlanapi.dll error is also caused by an application calling a DLL with a different version. This means the application cannot find the wlanapi.dll it needs since the module installed on the machine was overwritten by another newer version. If this is the case, then you are recommended to uninstall whatever you have installed on the PC recently. By uninstalling the incompatible programs, some DLL problems can most of the time be fixed.
Thirdly, the majority of the wlanapi.dll error messages will pop up your Windows computer because of malware such as virus, spyware, and Trojans, etc. They can easily get onto your computer when you are scheming websites, downloading a freeware application, or opening spam emails. For instance, files like wlanapi.dll and Iw3mp.exe are runnvery easy to cause some errors when they are attacked by some viruses. To ensure the smooth running of your Windows XP computer without a wlanapi.dll not found error message, you should download and run a professional antivirus antispyware program regularly to detect and remove all infections.
After all the above steps, you should do a registry clean up of your Windows registry. Registry is the play that the Windows stores the vital setting and information of the whole system to tell when and how to perform every PC request correctly. All information ranging from hardware to software are all distributed in the registry before it can be available for accessing. If something goes wrong with the wlanapi.dll file, you will come to the chance to get the Windows wlanapi.dll error messages. At this time, you should run an excellent registry cleaner just like Registry Easy to completely scan your whole PC and get rid of all inside registry errors. This software will help to clean the clutter of your Windows registry as well as fix the damaged and corrupted files along the way.
To secure the proper running of the computer and a smooth online surfing, it is highly recommended that you should fix wlanapi.dll error on your PC as quickly as possible. Only in this way, can you enjoy the computer all the time.
- Best Way to Completely Uninstall AML Free Registry Cleaner from PC
- Kaspersky Tablet Security Removal - Uninstall Kaspersky Tablet Security Completely
- Uninstall Slim PDF Reader from Your Computer in an Easy and Fast Way
- Simple solutions to Windows update error 800736B3
- D3dx9_25.dll error in gaming - Tips to repair D3dx9_25.dll error
- SVCR71.dll error in Windows 7 - Solutions to fix SVCR71.dllerror easily
- No sound on computer Windows 7 - Fix Windows sound issue directly
- Error 1719 repair - How to fix Windows installer error 1719?
- How to Force Uninstall Max Secure Anti Virus Pro 2012 You Cannot Uninstall