XP Antivirus 2012 is a fake antivirus program released by the same hackers of XP Antivirus 2011 and XP Antivirus 2010. There is no different among those rogue programs besides the name. They are all created to display fake security warnings and cheat users into installing and purchasing full version, which can do nothing good to the system. XP Antivirus 2012 is promoted on some misleading websites and also distributed by Trojans. No matter how it is installed on your computer, the most important thing is to remove it as soon as possible. The rogue program could run automatically, block programs from running and control the system. You may be unable to stop XP Antivirus 2012 from running, starting fake scans and displaying scaring reports, which make it more difficult to uninstall the rogue software.
Three ways to remove XP Antivirus 2012 completely
1. Log in your computer as an administrator
2. Click Start- All Programs- Accessories – System Tools – System Restore
3. Select restore my computer to an earlier time in the window and click next
4. Select a restore point when XP Antivirus 2012 has not infected your computer and then click next
5. Follow the prompt to finish system restore
Notes: if you did not create a system restore point before, you could not restore system.
XP Antivirus 2012 manual removal
1. Open Task Manager to end processes with random name
2. Delete files of the fake antivirus program as following
3. Run Registry Editor to delete related entries
The disadvantage of manual removal way is that it could not remove trojan that causes fake alert and brings in XP Antivirus 2012.
This method is to remove the rogue software automatically by an antispyware program. What you need to do is to choose an effective antispyware program, download and install it. Such program can scan the pc thoroughly and pick up all components of XP Antivirus 2012 and other hidden viruses on the computer. After the scan, the software will list all infected files and you can click a few button to get rid of them easily.
However, not all security programs can remove XP Antivirus 2012 effectively. If you are looking for one, I recommend you to have a look at Spyware Cease, which is proved to be able to wipe off the rogue software completely.
- What does SMTP Reply Code "554 Transaction Failed" mean?
- Free Instruction for Uninstalling McAfee Avert Stinge from PC Effectively
- Error code BIOHD-8 - Fix your PC from error code BIOHD-8 easily
- How Can I Remove Windows Interactive Safety easily
- Trojan.Tbot Removal - How to Remove Trojan.Tbot completely
- 503 Service Unavailable error - Troubleshoot and fix it now
- Recycler.exe Removal - How to Remove Recycler Virus easily
- How to Remove JS/Redir.D quickly and easily
- Fully Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from PC within Minutes