XP Security Center is just another fake antivirus program like XP Security 2012 from malware family. The program uses fake security alerts, fake scan report and misleading advertisement to promote the full version. Rogue programs have become a common infection all over the internet and they all use the similar trick. XP Security Center will display warning claiming it detects virus attacks once it is installed. It forces users to run a scan and report virus that is not on the computer in order to scare victims to purchase the full version. After you purchase the full version, XP Security Center will stop display fake alerts but it will continues to damage your computer. The malware could disable firewall or your antivirus program. It makes the computer vulnerable to other virus attacks. And users will realize it is the real problem maker. You need to remove XP Security Center from your pc completely.
How to remove XP Security Center in manual way
1. Restart the computer and go to “Safe Mode with Networking”.
2. Ctrl+Alt+Del to open task manager, and end these processes:
3. Use windows search to find out following files and folders. Delete them
4.Click start button on the lower right corner of desktop, then go to run, type in regedit and press Enter. Now the registry editor open and you should find out the following entries and delete them:
It is not a good idea to keep the rogue program on your pc for a long time. If you find you can not remove it manually, you should immediately download a virus removal program which can wipe off the fake program instantly and effectively. A good virus removal program like Spyware Cease can detect all files and registry entries of XP Security Center after a full scan and then users can click a remove button to get rid of all infections easily. Make sure you install such a program to wipe off XP Security Center completely and protect your computer against similar attacks
- XP Security 2012 Uninstall Guide - How to Remove XP Security 2012 safely
- How to Remove Trojan.FakeAV!gen96 instantly
- How to Remove Trojan-Downloader.BAT.wGet.m with Simple Steps
- How can I get my computer to stop freezing?
- How do you fix a 0X00000016 BSOD for Windows computer?
- SDL.dll is missing - Fix SDL.dll error the simplest way
- Code 19 error - Fix Windows error code 19 easily
- Webinars: How to customize fix in Spyware Cease
- Speed up boot time - Methods to make PC boot faster